Patient Care Technician Job Description for Resume. Attempting to write a resume for a patient care technician without First figuring out what it’s exactly that you are going to do, is career suicide.
Don’t go this route. Even in Case You have functioned as a patient care Technician for all years, there might be a few things you are forgetting, simply because these were not part of your project description once you worked at X Y Z centre.
As a PCT (individual care tech ), Your Primary job will be to supply Relaxation and support for patients delegated for you. You will need to help patients with their personal needs like toileting, grooming and bathing, together with making sure that they are comfortable all the time.
You’ll Also need to check their vitals and also at the slightest hint of A issue, it’ll become your duty to alert the nurse or assigned doctor.
Employed as a PCT requires one to possess a high school degree at the Least. If you possess a CNA permit or even if you’ve completed the first semester of an accredited nursing program, you may be thought of as a fantastic decision to engage.
Since you will be working with ill people, you will need to Practice continuous patience and ensure that you emit compassion. Some of The job responsibilities of a healthcare tech are given below for your Reference:
Job Description for Patient Care Technician Resume
● Read through and understand each assigned patient’s care plans and mentally chart out how to handle implementation.
● Assist patients in handling their personal needs such as bathing grooming, dressing and oral hygiene.
● Check and monitor patients vitals and ensure that they are maintained at optimal levels.
● Raise alarms in case of raised or lowered vitals to ensure patient safety and wellbeing.
● Monitor patients conditions and ensure that any changes are communicated to the nurse manager or doctor immediately.
● Oversee the preparation of nutritious meals and ensure that they are prepared in accordance to each individual patients meal charts.
● Serve meals and record patients food and liquid intake in prescribed facility formats.
● Maintain records of assigned patients weight, blood pressure, sugar levels and pulse.
● Assist patients with ambulation and provide support to physical therapists by helping with exercises and routines.
● Transport patients to surgical units and appointments by maneuvering wheelchairs and stretchers safely through halls.
● Ascertain that patients’ rooms are kept clean and sanitized and ensure that provisions for security are taken into account at all times.